This week on Monday Meals I’m going to share a recipe for a delicious Sweet and Sour. I made this for dinner lastnight so its fresh in my mind!
You can use prawns, chicken or even pork for this dish. I just love it with breaded chicken balls from my local butchers. I always serve with long grain rice. Chips on the side if we’re feeling hungry!
Sweet & Sour Sauce
🍗🍤Cook your choice of meat or protein separately and add it to the sauce at the end
🥕🫑Add in any veg you want to use up – I love it with onions, baby corns and water chestnuts but sometimes use carrots, broccoli, sugar snaps – whatever I have and want to use.
-1 carton of Passata
-2 Garlic Cloves, minced
-1 Red Chili, chopped finely
-2tbsp White Rice Vinegar
-1 can 7up Free
-Splash of Orange Miwadi
-1 tbsp Soy Sauce
-1 tsp of Ginger
-1 tsp Thai 7 Spice (or Chinese 5 spice or even Spice Bag seasoning)
1. Fry your veg for a few minutes and then remove from the heat
2. Now use the pan to make your sauce!
3. Add in all of the ingredients and let simmer for about 15 minutes
4. If you feel your sauce needs to be thicker, add a teaspoon of Cornflour mixed with a little warm water
5. Add in your meat/protein and your veg.
6. Serve with rice. Enjoy!